It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ETM ExcelWordImporter: How to link Test Case with several requirements in different RM components?

Marc Weber (112) | asked Nov 03 '22, 6:16 a.m.
edited Nov 03 '22, 7:56 a.m.

Hi,

I would like using ETMExcelWordImporter ("ETM-Extras-ETMExcelWordImporter-7.0.2) to upload/create a test case and link in with several requirements in different RM components in a GC enabled project area.

For this I would like to use "testcase.requirement=LinkExisting(A)". Is this possible with the command?

If yes, how can I find out in DNG the correct URL of the requirements in a GC enabled Project?
When I copy a link to a requirement in a module with "Share Link to Artifact..." in DNG, it doesn't work. Even if I delete "?oslc_config.context" and the part after.

I get the following error message:
oslc.query=true&
oslc.prefix=dcterms=<http://purl.org/dc/terms/>&
oslc.properties=dcterms:title&
oslc.properties=dcterms:identifier&
oslc.properties=dcterms:created&
oslc.where=dcterms:identifier in [https]
com.ibm.oslc.query.parser.where.ParseException: Encountered "" at line 1, column 1.
Was expecting one of:
    Bad Request400

With the command "testcase.requirement=LinkByExistingID(B)" I have no problems, however I can only provide requirements from one RM component.

Version info:
DNG: 7.0.2 iFix014
ETM: 7.0.2 iFix014

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 03 '22, 6:35 a.m. | edited Nov 03 '22, 6:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Edited: A link type to link test artefacts with requirements can not be used to link requirements with requirements. This should be obvious.

Marc Weber commented Nov 03 '22, 6:52 a.m.

Ralph,

thanks for the hint, I converted it to a new question, even though the question already existed and I still wanted to know details.
I also don't want to link requirements with requirements with "validated by", that this is not possible is clear to me.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 03 '22, 7:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 03 '22, 7:53 a.m.

Based on the title of your question, I think it should be obvious that the Engineering Test Management utilities are not able to create links between DOORs Next artefacts. If you want to link DOORS Next artefacts, you need to use tools that work with the DOORS Next APIs.

Comments
Marc Weber commented Nov 03 '22, 8:07 a.m.

Based on the title, you can see that my question is about the ETMExcelWordImporter, which can be used to import test cases to the repository and link them to requirements. Also, I already commented on your previous hint an hour ago.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.