It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

GC links versioned?

vinitha dsouza (14723136) | asked Nov 01 '22, 6:20 a.m.
Dear team,

i was trying out the Global configuration concepts majorly in links aspect like working of links in GC Context.
i see in docu, mentioning that links are versioned, what do we mean by that.

In GC context, i have 2 DNG Streams and linked artifact 11 (DNG Stream 1) to Artifact 22 (DNG Stream2) using satisfies link type via Changeset (DNG Stream1 artifact satisfies DNG Stream2 artifacts)

1.Now by keeping DNG Stream 1 Fixed and changed DNG Stream 2 to older baseline (here Artifact 22 content was old) (where ->
  observations: Link is visible but link validity changed to suspect. my question is at first place
why links are still kept because there are no more same versions?
2. same way, if bring some changes to Artifact 22 and add to context with DNG Stream 1 Fixed.
 observeation: still link is visible but link validit changed to suspect

what exactly we mean links are versioned here
thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Nov 01 '22, 7:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Whether a link is versioned or not depends on whether the resource that owns and stores the link is versioned. You should also remember that in most cases, links are to the concept resource and not to a specific version.

Consider a test case TC (version 1) that currently has no validates requirement links. A user makes a change to that test case, adding a link to some requirement REQ. That will be done in the context of a global configuration. A new version of the test case TC-2 will be created and include a link to the concept URI of REQ. That link gets resolved to a specific version of REQ based on the contribution hierarchy of the context global configuration. For example, in a global stream, it might reference REQ-2, but in an older global baseline, it might reference REQ-1.

You might find the following helpful:
https://oslc-op.github.io/oslc-specs/notes/config-primer/config-primer.html

vinitha dsouza selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.