It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NG 6.0.x - ReqiF Export of an RM component Global stream?

Adrian Haw (2741041) | asked Jan 23 '19, 12:32 p.m.
edited Jan 23 '19, 12:33 p.m.
Any 6.0.x version of DOORS NG support a ReqIF export of a Global (not Local) stream of an RM component?

Reason is that cross-component links in a GC stream are ignored in the ReqIF export of the local RM stream.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jan 23 '19, 1:52 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 23 '19, 2:13 p.m.
Hello
I don't think so. All I found on Jazz.net was this Plan Item that you could add your two cents to and lobby for implementation.

I did find this recent article regarding Configuration management: Best practices for collaborating with ReqIF between Rational DOORS Next Generation instances, https://jazz.net/library/article/92375,
which states:

ReqIF operations always occur in your current context, which can be a global or local configuration. To import, you must be in a stream.

Rosa Naranjo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Adrian Haw commented Jan 24 '19, 3:50 a.m. | edited Jan 24 '19, 3:50 a.m.
Hi Rosa
Thanks for checking. I tried a ReqIF export of an RM component GC stream but the output is the same as per export of the same component in the RM local stream - so there's no info about cross-component links in either global/local stream export.
Guess we'll have to wait for the feature to be implemented.

Rosa Naranjo commented Jan 31 '19, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Adrian
I had development double check my response and they concurred with my answer and this is the right plan item for what you are looking for.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.