It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to import Link " Parent of & Child of " in DNG?

Nitu Kumari (26) | asked Oct 07 '22, 11:24 a.m.

I am trying to import the  link types "parent of and Child of " to the existing System Requirement artifact. The linking artifact is also  System Requirement artifact within DNG. 

Perhaps, I am making some mistakes in the format of the field or data in that column in the CSV file.
Any information is appreciated on this topic.

2 answers

permanent link
Paul Schwartz (11) | answered Oct 07 '22, 12:11 p.m.
Import the DNG ID of the other end of the link.
Then, from the Edit menu, select Link by Attribute.

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (57727) | answered Oct 10 '22, 11:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You write that you are trying to import link types "parent of and Child of " to the existing System Requirement artifacts, using CSV.
I assume you are trying to import links, and not link types, because importing new types is not possible using CSV.

The easiest way to find out what the format of the field should look like, is to first create an example of such a link to another (module based) artifact from within DNG, and then export that to CSV.
The result will give you an example of the format and the column names. Note the text and URL can be removed from the link column.

Here is an example CSV that works for me:

If I select to import this into a module, it creates:
- a 'Child Of' link for artifact 5695 to artifact 5618 in module 5523
- a 'Parent Of' for artifact 5771 from artifact 5443 in module 5523
(in this example, the artifacts 5695 and 5771 already existed in the module I  selected for the import)
===========
id,Link:Validated By,Link:Child Of (>),Link:Parent Of (<),Name,isHeading,parentBinding,module,Artifact Type
5695,"",{LINK id=5523.5618},"","Name1",false,5745,5523,Process Guidance
5771,"","",{LINK id=5523.5443},"Name2",false,5730,5523,Process Guidance
===========

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.