It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Inherting the attribute value from parent to child workitem-RTC 7.0.2

Namrata B (214) | asked Sep 06 '22, 4:22 a.m.
Hi All,

I  have seen that if we create a workitem like "Story", and fill in the data. And then create a child task, the child task will automatically get the filed against attribute value from the parent workitem.
Can anyone please tell me if it possible that we can have this feature for other attributes as well? and how can we do?

Thanks in advance

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 12 '22, 3:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This can be achieved by developing a custom follow up action for the work item save operation. The follow up action would detect the new save has a parent work item and could then copy the desired values over.  I have published articles on my blog, including example code for pre-conditions and follow-up actions. Start here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/learning-to-fly-getting-started-with-the-rtc-java-apis/ the best way to search for follow-up actions on the blog is to use the tag/keyword participant

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.