It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can the RM API be activated without opening the mini dashboard and the widgets ?

khalid INU (335) | asked Aug 31 '22, 9:25 a.m.

I want to run a JavaScript code implementing the RM API automatically in the background, without need to open the mini dashboard. We want the RM API and JavaScript code be activated by default.

Can the RM API be activated without opening the mini dashboard and the widgets ? 

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Aug 31 '22, 12:20 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I suspect not. Why do you want or need to do this/want do you want to achieve/why can't this be achieved using a visible OpenSocial widget?

khalid INU commented Sep 01 '22, 3:35 a.m.

I have a lot of users in my project, so I am not sure that every user will open the widget when working with DNG. They may forget. Another reason is that we want this to be automated and if the user has to open the mini dashboard every time he opens DNG, it is not 100% automated.

Davyd Norris commented Sep 01 '22, 7:40 p.m. | edited Sep 01 '22, 7:42 p.m.

You can also pin the mini dashboard open, which would mean they don't need to remember every time, but what exactly are you trying to do with the API? You need to be really careful not to cause performance issues if you force the script to run every single time any user access a page in DNG

One answer

permanent link
Davyd Norris (2.4k217) | answered Aug 31 '22, 8:46 p.m.
I think you might be able to do this in a round about way by adding your code into a custom theme. Then it will be loaded on each page. You'd have to be very careful in how you activated it though.

It is possible that the RM API is only loaded by the gadget system so this may not work but it's worth a try

Comments
khalid INU commented Sep 01 '22, 3:36 a.m.

Hello Davyd, Thank you for your response.

Can you please provide me with some more details, as I'm not sure how this can be done !

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.