It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to correct my Script Based Validator?

Derm Phongninlaarphon (151) | asked Aug 26, 2:59 a.m.

I'm Trying to write a script based validator but it didn't work out.

here is my code
dojo.provide("com.bay.ExemptionReasonValidator");

dojo.require("com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.Severity");
dojo.require("com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.Status");
dojo.require("com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.WorkItemAttributes")
    (function () {
        var Severity = com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.Severity;
        var Status = com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.Status;
        var WorkItemAttributes = com.ibm.team.workitem.api.common.WorkItemAttributes;
        dojo.declare("com.bay.ExemptionReasonValidator", null, {
            validate: function (attributeId, workItem, configuration) {
                if ((workItem.getValue("com.bay.task.attribute.sit_exempt02") === "com.bay.task.enumeration.sit_exempt01.literal.l2") && (workItem.getValue("com.bay.task.attribute.exemption_reason02") === "")) {
                    return new Status(Severity["ERROR"], "Validation failed");
                } else {
                    return Status.OK_STATUS;
                }
            }
        });
    })
I want to validate when workItem.getValue("com.bay.task.attribute.sit_exempt02" === "com.bay.task.enumeration.sit_exempt01.literal.l2") >>> literal.l2 is YES

this attribute must not be empty (workItem.getValue("com.bay.task.attribute.exemption_reason02") === ""))
if it empty it shouldn't be able to save and show error.

Please help me with this code.
Regards,
Derm Phongninlaarphon

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (61.4k33643) | answered Aug 26, 4:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 26, 4:22 a.m.
  1. I would suggest you look at https://jazz.net/library/article/1093 for some inspiration. Since you have your unique process configuration, I  do not see what the forum could do. 
  2. Keep in mind that the validation requires the operation behavior configured
  3. I have never had the self-confidence to create an if statement like you do, without using intermediate variables. If you use intermediate variables continue to the next step.
  4. Use Chrome and inject ?debug=true into the work item URI before the first # e.g. https://elm.example.com:9443/ccm/web/projects/ACME%20Development%20%28Change%20Management%29?debug=true#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=com.acme.wi.type.custrequest&ts=16615010758610 then open the Developer Tools open your script under Sources, no domain and use the debugger.

PS: This should work with other browsers, but I always struggle to find my scripts in Firefox for example. Chrome works best for me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.