It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why we are getting this StackOverflowError in logs after deploying code in server?

Y Deepak (713) | asked Sep 22 '23, 9:29 a.m.

Hi Team,

We are implementing functionalities of XYZ workitem by performing integration between two systems  as we have deployed our code in the server (6.0.6.1) and after that we are getting errors in our log file, but when we are running the code in our local there is no error.

The error we are getting in the log it is mentioned below:

2023-09-22 09:05:00 ERROR ErrorLogger:2361 - Job (DEFAULT.CreateTask threw an exception.
org.quartz.SchedulerException: Job threw an unhandled exception.
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:224) [quartz-2.1.7.jar:?]
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:557) [quartz-2.1.7.jar:?]
Caused by: java.lang.StackOverflowError
at org.eclipse.lyo.oslc4j.enovia.services.WorkItemServices.<init>(WorkItemServices.java:134) ~[classes/:?]

Can you please assist on this issue?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 22 '23, 10:06 a.m. | edited Sep 22 '23, 10:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you create your own code, there is no service to debug that for you. Especially if the information provided is as lacking as yours is. There is pretty much no information in your question. Back in the day, I have tried to write up what I would expect in the question: How should I ask a question in the Forum if I want to receive useful answers?

Also it is your code that throws the exception, I would suggest to use the available means to remote debug your code and enhance logging and exception handling so you can understand what goes wrong.

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 22 '23, 10:40 a.m. | edited Sep 22 '23, 10:44 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

PS: Stack overflow is usually happening if the function calls do not terminate and functions call themselves. For example create a work item due to some event and that causes the same event, which triggers creation of a new work item and so forth.

Since you do not explain what you do, why etc, no way of telling. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.