It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting RTC SCM data through JRS reports

KT PD (597) | asked Aug 12 '22, 6:51 a.m.

HI Team,

I am using RTC 6.0.6.1 version and I have multiple project areas created in change management with multiple streams, components, baselines, snapshots etc. 
We are trying to fetch the traceability between these data using Jazz Reporting Service tool.
I want to find the details like 
Stream name, UUID, Component name UUID, baseline and snapshot etc.
How it should be possible from JRS?
IS anyone help me on the same.

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Aug 12 '22, 7:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 29 '22, 2:37 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

EWM SCM 6.0.6.1 does not publish data about its components and configurations in its TRS. So JRS cannot report on them. You should be aware that 6.0.6.1 goes end of service at the end of September 2022. I recommend you upgrade to 7.0.2 where EWM SCM can publish components and configurations in its TRS (they have to be explicitly added to the TRS), and having done so, JRS can then query and report on them.

***Update / Correction: The SCM TRS feed described above is actually only available in 7.0.3 and not 7.0.2.

KT PD selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
KT PD commented Aug 18 '22, 7:17 a.m. | edited Aug 29 '22, 2:32 p.m.

Hi,

I have checked in TRS, there are number of options related to SCM are enabled, so I have tried to get component and baseline data from CCM project through JRS report, but still its not getting the expected.
There is one more option name as "EWM SCM Change Sets (TRS 2.0) (/am)
IBM Engineering Workflow Management (CCM) source control management change sets."

Can I enabled the same to get the CCM SCM data.
Please assist

Thanks

David Lafreniere commented Aug 29 '22, 2:36 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This information is not available in JRS reports in 7.0.2. (I have updated the answer from David H above to indicate that it is 7.0.3 vs 7.0.2)

In the upcoming 7.0.3 release however, SCM Streams, SCM Snapshots, and SCM Baselines can manually be published to a new SCM TRS feed so that Files (and metadata on those files) within those configurations can be shown in JRS reports.

Also notice I said "manually publish", which also means that you cannot generate reports on 'any or all' SCM streams/snapshots/baselines by default, without first having the project admin navigate to UI to publish the configurations (or he can use the SCM command line). Selective publication was done for scalability reasons  - to avoid potentially millions of different versions of all files being published to a single TRS feed [if it were to span all streams/snapshots/baselines]) 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.