It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirements Manager Stream Read Access

Michael Seck (11) | asked Aug 05, 4:53 p.m.
We have a single project with multiple streams, where each defines the requirements for a version of a product (such as Product A and Product B).
I can see that we can use teams to control who can write to Product A vs Product B.
How can we limit read access (so that the work done on Product B cannot be seen by people in a team that are working on Product A)?
FYI, this seems to be a feature that was built into RTC.

2 answers

permanent link
David Honey (9606) | answered Aug 08, 4:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't think this is currently supported. Neither DOORS Next nor ETM support specifying team areas for their local components or local configurations. Configuration-based read access control was a potential future feature that was considered a couple of years ago, but put aside due to other competing higher priority work. Please feel free to submit an RFE through https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=productsList&BRAND_ID=1.

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.4k613) | answered Aug 08, 12:37 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 08, 12:37 p.m.

As David says this isn't currently possible in one project; a user who is a member of the project can read any component,.

You could use separate projects i.e. one component per product), and either:
1) manage read access perhaps using Access Control (in Manage this Project Area).
or 2) manage read access by membership with a role that has all permissions for modifying turned off

Are your products A and B actually variants of a single product? If not then a component per product makes sense anyway.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.