It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Interoperability between DOORS NG and Reqtify

Aminata DIOUF (111) | asked May 30 '22, 10:34 a.m.

Hello

Is it possible to connect/integrate DOORS NG & Reqtify? If yes, is it documented somewhere? 

Tks

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 31 '22, 4:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I have not seen any information and I was not even sure what tool Reqtify represents. There seemed to be more than one candidate.

I am not aware of any integration. DNG provides OSLC to allow for integrations. It is unclear what integration might mean, like so often.

I am aware of customers that pass information between application using ReqIF e.g. when sharing data with other companies. This is certainly not something considered for daily work.

David Honey commented May 31 '22, 4:46 a.m. | edited May 31 '22, 4:46 a.m.

Your question is too vague to be meaningful.

Integration is more than a boolean yes/no. You should ask yourself what types of integration scenarios you are looking for.
You may be able to exchange data using REQIF if Reqtify supports REQIF.

Aminata DIOUF commented May 31 '22, 5:18 a.m.

Hello Ralph & David

Thanks for your answer. 
You're right my question is too vague. 
I'm actually trying to create an interoperabilty between DOORS NG, Capella and 3DX. I found out that Reqtify is one of the best way to do it because it can consume data from all three tools and help create traceability between all data and push them back into the respective data bases (theoritically it should work). 

I finally succeeded in connecting DOORS NG and Reqtify but can't access all my DOORS NG Modules. All I can see are modules stored in the Artefacts Template Folder. 

Is there something blocking the data in doors from being visualize in reqtify? 

Tkx
Aminata

Ian Barnard commented May 31 '22, 6:05 a.m.

You should ask Reqtify for support this issue - artifact data is all available from DOORS Next APIs if Reqtify uses the APIs correctly. 

Daniel Moul commented May 31 '22, 7:04 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Aminata, please update this thread when you have an answer--others will be interested in your experience. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.