It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to export performance data from LDX>Health Monitoring>Performance > Memory Consumption> Heap Memory

Lee Couch (173) | asked Apr 26 '22, 4:09 p.m.

We are trying to pin point an issue that seems to coincide with when the Heap memory approaches or exceeds the Critical threshold.  Is there away to export the minute by minute data points to look for a correlation between heap memory and system degradation.  The node that shows here also houses or JTS.  We are having issues with authentication periodically.  This only started a week ago with no changes to the environment.

LDX 7.0.1

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 27 '22, 2:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 27 '22, 2:07 a.m.

As far as I can tell, this is independent of the application. 

In the deployment Wiki there is a whole section talking about monitoring:

With 7.0.x there are several monitoring mechanisms made available that collect data on the application level. Look up the MBeans.

Monitoring on application server or network node level re usually provided by the application server and the network nodes.  You would use enterprise monitoring tools (such as Splunk for example) to collect the whole breadth of metrices. 

There is a variety of such tools available. I believe several are mentioned in the deployment Wiki.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 27 '22, 5:14 a.m.

For Liberty, some of the data is available in the admin center: https://elm.example.com:9443/adminCenter/#explore/monitor 

For LQE monitoring 

I did not find a button to export the data of the health monitoring, unfortunately.

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Apr 27 '22, 5:09 a.m.

I'm not aware of any means to export that data from LDX. However, you can configure LDX notifications to email alerts when warning and critical thresholds are reached.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.