It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to find the xml of test case in ETM ?

sunil kumar (175) | asked Apr 08 '22, 12:46 a.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to import the testcases through rqm utility importer, in that i want section details of testcase to create the config file for rqm importer.

I come to know that by URL we can get the details of testcase section details in XML.
Server Details : ETM 7.0.2

Please comment what are the changes need to be done on this URL.
Thanks In advance.

Regards,
Sunil

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Apr 08 '22, 7:54 p.m.
Hi, Sunil

I tried with v7.0.2 and it works for me.
1) login to ETM
3) got
<ns21:stylesheet>
<ns2:sections>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseSummary" name="RQM-KEY-TC-SUMMARY-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.defects.web.RmLinks" name="RQM-KEY-RM-SECTION-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.defects.web.RTCWorkItem" name="RQM-KEY-WI-SECTION-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseDesign" name="RQM-KEY-TC-DESIGN-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePreCondition" name="RQM-KEY-TC-PRE-COND-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCasePostCondition" name="RQM-KEY-TC-POST-COND-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseScripts" name="RQM-KEY-TC-SCRIPTS-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.execution.editor.section.ewis" name="RQM-KEY-EXE-EWIS-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testcaseExecVars" name="RQM-KEY-TC-EXECVARS-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testcase.edit.testscript" name="RQM-KEY-COMPOSE-TEST-SCRIPT-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.testCaseNotes" name="RQM-KEY-TC-NOTES-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.planNormativeInformative" name="RQM-KEY-TP-NORMATIVE-INFORMATIVE-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.process.editor.section.review" name="RQM-KEY-PROC-REVIEW-TITLE"/>
<ns2:section id="dynamicSection_1649456372119" name="Discussion"/>
<ns2:section id="com.ibm.rqm.planning.editor.section.attachments" name="RQM-KEY-ATTACHMENTS-TITLE"/>
</ns2:sections>
<ns20:preferences>
<testcaseActivityTrigger>false</testcaseActivityTrigger>
</ns20:preferences>

I think you may need to
1) login to ETM first
2) if project area name was renamed before, need to use project area alias.
You can get project area alias from

sunil kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
sunil kumar commented Apr 11 '22, 3:02 a.m.
Hi,

Thank you for the sharing the information.

I have tried this it is working for non GC projects,  By this URL if i'm trying for GC project area i'm getting a blank screen.

Please let me know is there any other URL for GC project area.

Thank you

Sunil

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.