It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Possible Placeholder for Attribute Update

RTC User Prime (215) | asked Mar 29 '22, 9:35 a.m.

What could be possible event responsible for triggering the event when the Status is manually changed from B to C. When I move the Status from B to C, the Quarter and Year and automatically getting updated. I checked in the "Attribute Customization" as well as "Process Configuration Source" with the attribute ID. Where can I find the Background update for the 2 attributes which are updated automatically ?

CLM Admin X minutes ago
Status  B  →  C
Quarter  Unassigned  →  Q1
Year  2019  →  2022

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Mar 29 '22, 10:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There are at least two possible places. 

1. Attribute customization
2. Follow up actions - operation behavior.

For attribute customization understand how that is configured and works: https://jazz.net/library/article/1003

Go to the attribute customization section in the Eclipse client and see what custom calculated values exist. 
The attribute customization would be bound to the attributes that get updated by the calculation e.g. Quarter, Year and not to the status attribute.

It is scary to think that there is no person that knows how your processes are automated. This should clearly be documented.

For the operational behavior that would be in the same Eclipse client but in the Team Configuration for operational behavior for work item save. It would be configured as a follow up action.

RTC User Prime selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 29 '22, 10:28 a.m.

Attribute customization could also be configured in a project area that shares its process, in case you use that capability. 

RTC User Prime commented Mar 30 '22, 4:20 a.m.
 Thank You Ralph.

I already had a check on both these places but could not find anything related to Quarter, Year. Check all the Dojo Scripts as well.
1. Attribute customization
2. Follow up actions - operation behavior.

1 grey area is that there are some follow-up actions available but the Description is empty which has "No Specific Configuration options". no idea on these. How can we check if this is configured with a script.

And is there any way we can check from the Server side logs .. like the ccm log etc. 
For those who are here looking for answers, Please ignore the below.

[On your shocking part " no person that knows how your processes are automated. This should clearly be documented." - Yes..am new in here and there are no docs which are prepD.. I will have to start now]

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 30 '22, 4:45 a.m.

Follow up actions should at least provide a name and a short description that would allow you to understand what they do. Custom operation behavior would show up as one or more custom ini in the server/conf/ccm/provision_profiles and as site folder(s) in server/conf/ccm/sites folder. Custom operational behavior requires  the source code to be available to be able to recompile for newer Java and SDK versions and, obviously, should be documented. They need to be addressed during upgrades to new versions and need to be redeployed.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 30 '22, 5:20 a.m.

Check if your project area shares the process of another project area. If so, check that process for attribute-customization and configured operation behavior. You might inherit something from there. 

Since there are values that are set with some logic, try to understand how that is implemented. Especially the Year attribute. How is that modeled? Is it a text attribute or an enumeration?  

RTC User Prime commented Mar 30 '22, 9:23 a.m.
Nope. I see that "Do not share the process configuration of this project area" is selected for my PA.

On the "Year" Attribute, its an enumeration starting from 2019 and having values till 2029. Now when the below is done, the Year is the same.
A  →  B
but when the below state is changed, the Default value 2019 is what is getting updated to year current year and so is the Quarter,
B  →  C

\server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles and \server\conf\ccm\sites has lots of files but could not find anything related to "year". Did a search on the folder level. Would be any other reference ?

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 30 '22, 9:40 a.m.

You want to look for if you use the process of another PA:

If it uses another project areas process, you want to look into that.

You want to look for scripts here:

Any script found there might be a culprit.

You should look here:

There is NO choice by default. Anything you find here is custom.

There are other ways to debug this, but the question is, should you ask for paid services to understand what your system is up to.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 30 '22, 9:44 a.m. | edited Mar 30 '22, 9:45 a.m.

The site folder should look similar to this. The marked one is a custom follow up action. One or more of those ini files in addition to the ones below indicate one or many extensions. One ini can contain several extensions. The modification date of the ini files is telling. The default ones usually have the same date.

RTC User Prime commented Mar 31 '22, 4:53 a.m.

Thanks for such detailed explanation. I will have a check and will have an answer soon. Once I have will post the answer in here and close the loop.  

RTC User Prime commented Apr 03 '22, 2:23 a.m.
Hi Ralph.

The answer for my question came from your Tips as I was able to find out the related placeholder to be under the "Follow up actions" -> "Operation behavior" which leads to a  plugin. Now my task it find the source and enhance the plugin for the same. I am a newbie for Plugin and extension, I will have to check on how to find the source and enhance the code to make the "Month" working as expected. I will have it checked on the same but again your comments provided sufficient information for my new learnings.

showing 5 of 9 show 4 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.