It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Generate tracability graph

elliz venkata (112) | asked Feb 04 '22, 9:06 a.m.
edited Feb 04 '22, 9:07 a.m.
I have 2 requirement modules. Level 1 is customer requirement. Level 2 is my design, which is derived from level 1.

I wonder if there is any way to generate a traceability report in a graph format. Similar to below?

level 1 |  level 2
------------------------------
           |
          -| -- req A
         / |
        /  |
req 1   |----- req B
        \  |
         \ |
          -| -- req C

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Feb 04 '22, 10:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can use Jazz Reporting Service Report Builder to create a row/column representation.

You can use Engineering Insights (formerly called RELM) to create a node-and-edges representation.

You can use PUB Document Studio to create template-based document (likely with row/column representation).

You can use Jazz Reporting Service Report Builder to export in Excel format and use another tool of your choice to visualize the traceability graph.

Comments
elliz venkata commented Feb 04 '22, 10:36 a.m. | edited Feb 04 '22, 10:37 a.m.
Thank you so much. Engineering Insights seems the one I'm looking for.

I'm trying to follow below link to create a view.

But My DOORS software v9.6.1 doesn't have "Creating a View" option.

I'm not sure where to start. Is it possible my company didn't buy this service?

Daniel Moul commented Feb 04 '22, 10:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes it's possible your company didn't buy (or if they did, haven't installed/configured it). Engineering Insights (ENI) is a separate application/product. DOORS 9 makes data available to the Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE) via its Tracked Resource Set (TRS) feed, and ENI queries LQE for the nodes, edges and properties of the graph.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.