It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to create a "Web Link" from a DNG artifact

Glyn Costello (13637) | asked Nov 03 '21, 6:58 a.m.
I'm trying to create a Web Link from an RM artifact. The link is to an item in a external (non-DOORS tool).

I select "Add Link To Artifact" > "More"

I select "Web" and enter the URL and text, but I am unable to save the link (ok is greyed out).

I'm using 6.0.6.1

2 answers

permanent link
Jessica Collyer (467) | answered Nov 03 '21, 9:35 a.m.

HI Glyn --

I have had similar problems.  I have found a workaround.  I start deleting characters from the weblink -- typically, if I can find and delete a %20 from the link I am able to save it. Once the link is saved, I right click on the link and select "Edit Hyperlink" and put what I deleted (or just paste the full link again) and then save.  

I wonder if there is a better workaround though.  Or, if this is fixed in later versions. 

Hope this helps! 

Jessica

Comments
Glyn Costello commented Nov 03 '21, 9:54 a.m.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Even if I enter http://www.google.com it won't accept it. Is it possibly something to do with "Link Constraints" in Config? What "Link Type" should be used for a "To Web" link?

permanent link
Glyn Costello (13637) | answered Nov 03 '21, 11:16 a.m.

Ok, under link constraints in the PA component config, there has to be a constraint with an "ANY" destination for the link type.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.