It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Make attribute read-only in RTC WorkItem Web UI but possible to update via API

Chandan M B (1133774) | asked Oct 14 '21, 7:47 a.m.

Hello ,

I have a requirement where one of the attribute is wiki and it should be not editable from web ui for the users. But it should be possible to update from API. How to achieve this ?

Regards,
Chandan

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 14 '21, 8:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 14 '21, 8:29 a.m.

I'd try to make the Editor Presentation read only, keep the attribute writable. This needs to be done for any editor presentation for the attribute.

I am not aware if the server actually knows if a call is from the API or from a user. For the server it is always a user. If the work item is read only, it is read only. This is one way I can imagine doing it. 

Another approach you could try is to remove the permission to update the attribute for all roles but one that you use for the automation API users. Not sure if that would work.

I would agree to question why have read only attributes if nothing can change them. I have not looked into this for a long time.

Chandan M B selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.