It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RDi stopped tracking changed files

Christian Aasland (13) | asked Sep 14 '21, 10:06 a.m.
Went on vacation, came back, and RDi was no longer tracking changes. Meaning, when I change a source file, it no longer shows up in the "pending changes" view. So I can't check in my changes, nor deliver them.

I'd like to think this means I shouldn't return from vacation, my manager and customers has a different opinion.

I'm on 9.6.0.6 of RDi. This continues to work for my team member, who is on a slightly older version of RDi. I have other environments (different product version), also on 9.6.0.6, same RTC Jazz server and source control method. Based on this, I suspect there's something wonky about this one installation. Like I said, it was working a few weeks ago, and our team is so small that I don't think there would be any policy changes initiated on our ends. I may unwittingly have fat-fingered something, but I can't figure it out.

Any ideas?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Sep 15 '21, 2:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is most likely related to the Eclipse workspace used by RDi. All the settings and metadata, including for the SCM system are stored there. There are logs in the .metadata folder in the Eclipse workspace. I would check these logs. 

Christian Aasland commented Sep 15 '21, 9:25 a.m.

Yes, there is a .log ... but no useful information there.

I did try to create a new environment in a new location, but I get the same behavior. 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 15 '21, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Consider if there are automatic updates that ran during the time you were away.

There is no actionable information in the question. Consider contacting support. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.