It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Full screen or pop out custom open-social gadget?

Jake Hadley (132) | asked Sep 02 '21, 4:07 p.m.
edited Sep 02 '21, 4:58 p.m.

Is there a way to make a custom open-social gadget either full screen or have it pop out into a new browser window?

If this is not possible, how can we maximize the size of the gadget on our dashboard? We're looking to get maximum screen space available for our gadget.

Thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 02 '21, 4:48 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Perhaps you can follow this pattern:

If you put a Jazz Reporting Service widget on a dashboard, you will see an icon in the upper right of the widget "canvas" that when clicked, opens the report in a new browser window. 

Comments
Jake Hadley commented Sep 02 '21, 4:57 p.m.

Is my custom open-social gadget considered a Jazz Reporting Service widget?

Daniel Moul commented Sep 02 '21, 5:02 p.m.

No, but you should be able to add a report widget to a dashboard to see the user experience (or look at one on a dashboard on jazz.net).  Or use my written description as a sketch of a pattern you can follow in your widget.

Jake Hadley commented Sep 02 '21, 5:09 p.m.

I'm not sure I understand. What should I do with your description to implement my widget in a way that allows it to open in a new browser window? I just made a standard html open social gadget, and I'm on my own personal dashboard, and I don't see any icon to open in a new window.

Daniel Moul commented Sep 02 '21, 5:38 p.m.

Sorry I haven't been clearer. Like what JRS report widgets do, you could provide a link with a target in the href in your widget that opens a new browser window, displaying a page hosted by your server that provides the same information. Or (a refinement/slight alternative) the info you include in the opensocial widget could be a summary of what the user sees when they click on this link.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.