It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to display artifact comparison result side by side in pop window using API or any other means

Vikrant Kamble (176) | asked Jun 16 '22, 7:38 a.m.

This one is little complex therefore I request you to please read through entire content of question.

I found this API which opens artifact picker or a pop-up window which lets user select an artifact (single artifact or module)
Artifact picker API - RM.Client.showArtifactPicker(function (pickResult) {});
I am looking for a way to display pop-up window which will display side-by-side comparison of artifact between source configuration and target configuration.
When we compare configurations in DNG, on the last page of Comparison Result all artifacts are displayed in side-by-side comparison view showing comparison between source and target configuration. If you click on any artifact (not module) then it shows side-by-side comparison of all attribute values for that artifact. If you click on modified artifact within module then it opens a pop-up window which displays side-by-side comparison for that artifact.
I want to use this feature in my custom extension to display side-by-side comparison of artifact. Is there a way or is it possible to plugin this functionality of DNG in our custom code
I am using DNG 6.0.6.1.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Jun 16 '22, 11:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 16 '22, 11:34 a.m.

There's a comparison API for configurations in DOORS Next 7.0.2 but not in earlier versions - see https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/DNGReportableRestAPI

Michael Rowe selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Vikrant Kamble commented Jun 16 '22, 11:54 a.m.

Thanks for sharing the article,  I was aware of comparisons API which is available starting version 7.0.2 but this article have so many other useful items as well. I have developed custom solution for comparing two configurations and it gives me modified artifacts, my intention is to show pop up window similar to what DNG shows I.e. side-by-side comparison view from my custom widget. I am looking for a way to achieve it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.