It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM Doors Next Generation Traceability Report

Cansu Bastabak (114) | asked Sep 01 '21, 4:46 a.m.
edited Sep 01 '21, 6:29 a.m.

Hi, 

I am using Rational DOORS Next Generation version 6.0.6.1. I have a traceability between requirements. I want to create traceability matrix (I attached template I want to create). I am creating a view which just includes name and link type needed, and I am exporting these artifacts. But IBM DOORS limits the artifacts to export with 200. I have modules which have more than 2000 artifacts. Is there any easier solution for my problem?

2 answers

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered Sep 01 '21, 1:30 p.m.

If you go into the rm application advanced properties, search "export", you'll find a CSV exporting limit property that you can change. It will probably require an app restart.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Sep 01 '21, 3:34 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Alternatively you could use JRS Report Builder. I believe the Excel export default max result size is set is 5K for 6061 (3K for the web UI). I could be mistaken. We made the web and Excel max size configurable by the administrator in a V7 release.

Comments
Kimberly Boshers commented Sep 01 '21, 4:12 p.m.

5K sounds correct.  We are in v6.0.6.1. I remember having to change the size for our JRS outputs. Where and what is the property name for the JRS output size?  Is it from the rm application properties? 

Daniel Moul commented Sep 01 '21, 4:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I'm referring to settings in the rs app properties file. For details I suggest checking the docs or asking support. Or perhaps someone who knows will speak upu.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.