It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

To fetch the satisfiedBy link(Satisfied By Architecture Element/Design Element) of a DNG requirement

Nagaraj Harakuni (11) | asked Jan 05 '23, 10:31 p.m.

My goal is to fetch the satisfiedBy relation(Satisfied By Architecture Element/Design Element) of a requirement via Plain Java API(oslc).

<o:p> </o:p>

Currently the API is able to fetch the requirements, but when we try to get links associated with a requirement (eg – “implementedBy”, “satisfiedBy”, “validatedBy” and other such links) are returning empty link Set

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 06 '23, 4:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The Plain Java Client Libraries API is only valid for EWM/RTC. 

The Plain Java Client Libraries does not use OSLC, it uses the private SOAP API supported by EWM.

It is potentially possible to use the HTTP client functionality built into the Plain Java Client Libraries to create OSLC calls against other applications.

If you are interested in answers to your question, I'd suggest to enhance the question with substantial information such as what method you use against what URL and what headers you pass along.  

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jan 06 '23, 4:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
OSLC is a REST based API not a Java client API. You have not explicitly stated, but I assume, that you are doing an HTTP GET on a requirement with Oslc-Core-Version=2.0 header.

In general, links between requirements and artifacts in other domains are not stored on requirements, but on resources in those other domains. For example, an Implements Requirement link is stored on a work item and references the requirement. https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/CALM2010LinkTypes shows the different relation types and where they are stored. That page doesn't describe a satisfiedBy relationship.

DOORS Next discovers incoming links from other non-RM artifacts using a LinkIndexService that executes a SPARQL query on LDX (Link Index Provider). Currently, there is no public documented REST API for this.From an OSLC standpoint, the only solution is to use an OSLC query on the other domain application to query for resources that have such links to a requirement of interest. There has been considerable discussion about this in the OSLC Open Projects workgroup in the context of Link Profiles. You are welcome to join the OSLC OP WG and participate - see https://github.com/oslc-op/oasis-open-project for more information.

Comments
Nagaraj Harakuni commented Jan 06 '23, 5:15 a.m.

Yes I am doing HTTP GET on a requirement with  Oslc-Core-Version=2.0  header.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.