It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to add baseline to CCM Stream after switching to Global Configuration.

Vinay Kumar (153) | asked Jul 21 '21, 9:56 a.m.
I am trying to add a baseline to a stream in CCM. Functionality works fine if I work with local stream i.e. If I am not switching to GC. However, if I switch to GC I am unable to add baseline to the component. 

There is no error thrown either in the UI nor the application log. There is no action after clicking "Finish" in the add component window.

is this expected behavior of the application?

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 21 '21, 10:30 a.m. | edited Jul 21 '21, 11:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What precisely do you mean by "add a baseline to a stream in CCM"?  

Do you mean you are using the RTC Eclipse Stream Editor, and have clicked on "Add" in the Components section, clicked on "Component baseline", and then selected a component baseline to add to the stream?

Or are you creating a new baseline of a component that is already in the stream, with the "New -> Baseline" operation?

And similarly, what precisely were you doing when you were "unable to add baseline to the component"?   You do not add baselines to components ... you either add baselines to global streams with the "Add Configurations" operation, or you create a new baseline of a CCM stream that is already a contribution of a global stream.  

And then what precisely is the "add component window"?

Vinay Kumar commented Jul 21 '21, 11:48 a.m.

Hello Geoffrey Clemm,

Thanks for your response.

I am using web UI in this case.
I am trying to add component to stream as below.
Source Control-->Streams-->Add Components--> In add component window, Component Baseline and then finish.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Jul 21 '21, 11:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

OK, that answers the "what were you doing in CCM" question.    Now we need to know "what exactly were you doing in the GCM GUI that failed". 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.