It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Template

Brad Morse (235) | asked Jul 07 '21, 1:14 p.m.

I was reading about work item templates. Seems this makes it possible to create a custom work item and create a template from that work item. I'm hoping the template can then be imported by another project area creating that new work item type in this project area.

But, I am getting the following error:
"The template contains references to repository items and should neither be used with other repositories nor in a process template."

When I created the custom work item I created from a Task and customized. I read somewhere that creating custom attributes and saving in process specification may give issues. Is this why the above warning?

Thanks.

Comments
Brad Morse commented Jul 07 '21, 1:15 p.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 08 '21, 1:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Brad,

work item templates are meant to be able to define a structure of one or more work items of various types, that gets created using the template. The template is not a means to import a work item type into another project area. There is no official means that would allow to do the latter.
Brad Morse selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.