It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to reflect OSLC linked Change Request's state in RTC/EWM Link UI

Matthias Buettgen (23612331) | asked Jun 18 '21, 3:43 a.m.
Hi folks.

I've to developed a custom OSLC Change Request Adapter which links Change Requests from a third-party tool to RTC/EWM using the OSLC Related Change Request linktype.

When I link work Items in RTC/EWM internally using the same linktype the resolved ones are shown strucked through in the Link UI. What do I need to do to get the same behavior for resolved Change Requests from the third-party tool.

I've tried a couple of things without any success.

Best regards
Matthias

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 18 '21, 7:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you tried to capture an HAR file when such a view is loaded? My assumption is that during the load the link target is queried for the state or state group and based on that the link is displayed in different fonts. You might be able to see that in the HAR file. 

Matthias Buettgen commented Jun 18 '21, 8:21 a.m.

No, I didn't that so for but will give it a trial.
Anyway, I hoped that this could be impacted by one of the OSCL attributes like oslc_cm:status or oslc_cm:closed but unfortunately setting the attributes accordingly didn't influence the UI representation of the link.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 18 '21, 9:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Does the UI read the link target and what is it reading? I'd look into an HAR file.
If this is based on rich hover/compact rendering, you might have to implement that in your other application. 

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.