It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why are the namespaces for creating workitems different from retrieving workitems?

Fabian K. (236) | asked Nov 16 '20, 12:59 p.m.
edited Nov 16 '20, 1:03 p.m.
Hi,

I've been reading through https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/WorkItemAPIsForOSLCCM20#Creation_Factories. One problem I came across was when I tried to set enumeration values for attributes. For example the 'severity' attribute. 

This is what it looks like when I do a GET request (notice the oslc_cm namespace):

<rdf:RDF

>

Now when I tried to create a new work item via POST request (using the information from above) it failed to set the severity attribute correctly.
After some time I figured out, that the severity attribute is set correctly during creation if I use the following namespace instead (notice the oslc_cmx namespace):

<rdf:RDF
    xmlns:oslc_cmx="http://open-services.net/ns/cm-x#"
>
  <rdf:Description rdf:nodeID="A0">

Can anyone shed some light on, why different namespaces are required for retrieving and creating workitems?

Kind regards,
Fabian

Comments
Fabian K. commented Nov 16 '20, 1:11 p.m. | edited Nov 16 '20, 1:59 p.m.

Sorry, for the bad formatting. I tried to edit the question, but I can't. The forum software keeps telling me my question is spam :(

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 16 '20, 1:54 p.m. | edited Nov 16 '20, 2:51 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I submitted your question as ham. Not sure that it will help. Don't worry Fabian, it is almost impossible to mix XML into the forum questions without making a mess.

Until humanity understands that they need a set of meta signs that cannot be used in text, it will not get better. Once they do, we will welcome them in the club of almost intelligent civilizations. Wink ;)

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.