It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

email configuration - test works from JTS but "assigned to" or "mentioned" in a work item does not

Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | asked Mar 03 '21, 6:34 a.m.
CLM 6061 ifix15 - distributed

Have configured email a JTS server - used test email and it triggered the email and confirmed that email configuration was correct.

From a work item in RTC on a different server, assigned a work item and also input comments to a work item (mentioned) with the users email address and neither of them resulting in an email.

Was there something else you have to do when you have a distributed environment - RTC knows where JTS is and vice Versa ?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Mar 03 '21, 9:52 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 03 '21, 9:52 a.m.

What does distributed mean in this context?

If you are running multiple applications (regardless on which topology), you have to configure the e-mail connection on all of them as far as I know. JTS does not know and does not care if you change a work item. RTC does and would send out notifications, if SMTP etc is configured correctly. You should see a warning in the server log, if an application is not configured for e-mail.

Comments
Karen Steele commented Mar 03 '21, 9:58 a.m.
Distributed meaning all applications are on different servers.  I do not see any where on application servers other than JTS to configure email it does not exist at ccm, rqm, or rm  that I can see

Thanks

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 03 '21, 10:29 a.m. | edited Mar 03 '21, 10:33 a.m.

Ooopsi,

I had in my mind that that was always done in the setup of each application. That seems to be a problem of age and imagination. It seems no longer true anyway.

says you did what you should. So I don't know. I would probably go and have a look in the log files of CCM and JTS to figure out if there are errors. In addition I would check on CCM that the notification profile is set up for the user.

I do not have time to investigate further. You could open a case with support. Support will also ask for more data.

Ralph Schoon commented Mar 03 '21, 10:43 a.m. | edited Mar 03 '21, 10:44 a.m.

Ha,

it might be still there, just hidden..... 

Can you open https://elm.example.com:9443/ccm/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureMailSettings on your CCM and check if the settings are the same as for the JTS? 

The logs and support might be your best option otherwise.

permanent link
Karen Steele (1.2k4139148) | answered Mar 04 '21, 12:33 p.m.

for whatever reasons re-running JTS Setup from a browser versus thru the remote console, cleared some channels and forced an application configuration button at RTC RQM and RM .. email is now working as expected

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.