It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Requirements Specification Document Outline Headings

Matt Huff (111) | asked Dec 15 '20, 2:36 p.m.

In the old DOORs tool, an outline of the document headings was shown on the left. It was collapsible such that you could drill into the desired section and see the overall heading structure of the specification. Is there anything like that with the RM tools in DNG?  It is really useful to be able to quickly navigate to a specific section in a specification. The closest thing I've been able to come up with is filtering on "heading" type. This does get you the overall heading structure, but it is a poor substitution.  I also noticed that by using the hamburger icon on the upper right you can select which heading level you want visible.  But again, this doesn't allow you to quickly navigate to the section you want like the old DOORs tool did.

2 answers

permanent link
Richard Hall (107213) | answered Dec 15 '20, 3:28 p.m.

I think that you are looking for the Module Explorer extension

See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsModuleExplorerSample701 it you are using version 7.0.1

Or go from https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RMExtensionsMain if you have a different version

Comments
Matt Huff commented Dec 17 '20, 3:04 p.m.

I would try this but our server is pretty locked down and they don't let us add extensions above and beyond what they have already approved.

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k251161) | answered Dec 16 '20, 11:38 a.m.

Hi Matt,

You also have the twisties in DNG which did not exist in Classic and allow you to navigate document structure by collapsing sections.

The little triangle to the left of each artifact

Sean

Comments
Matt Huff commented Dec 17 '20, 3:05 p.m.

This does work, but it would be more helpful if you could collapse all to a specific level to get a higher lever over view.  Is there a way I could say collapse everything to just the level 1 or 2 headings?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.