It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NG report for links to base artifacts

Mihaela Mih (256) | asked Dec 10 '20, 5:18 a.m.

Can a user generate a report for all the artifacts which contain links to base artifacts?

Also, there any possibility to automatically delete them and create new links for the same artifact ID inside the module?

Thank you!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12749) | answered Dec 10 '20, 6:33 a.m.

Hi Mihaela,

1) Yes, you can build report builder report or rational publishing engine reports that will display only those artifacts with links to base artifacts.

In report builder you can make it with simple condition (target artifacts is not used in any module).

2) This is a common problem and it can be solved using custom code or extension. Out of box DNG does not allow you to switch links from base to module and opposite way.

Mihaela Mih selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Mihaela Mih commented Dec 10 '20, 8:39 a.m.

Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated 

One other answer

permanent link
Glyn Costello (13838) | answered Dec 10 '20, 12:26 p.m.

I have the same issue, created all links within module, but we are using Global Config, so context is provided by the global config, not the local module and we have a use case where the requirement might appear in multiple modules, but we want them to have the same links (base artefact links). 

1. Is there an community code which can make these changes?
2. Can you change the default behaviour so that links are always created as Base Artefact links?

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented Dec 11 '20, 12:39 p.m.

Hi Glyn,

1) I do not know any community code that I know or can recommend.

But writing something like that is max 2 days for javascript dev.

2) Right now it is not possible to set something like that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.