It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

query on Build-definitions

Fons Maathuis (25215) | asked Nov 10 '20, 6:56 a.m.

Hi, 

Using RTC6.0.6.1, is there a possibility to run a query on build-definitons to check which have an active schedule? Don't want to run unnessecary builds, so want to have an indication without having to open all build-definitions.

thanx

Fons

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 10 '20, 8:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please provide more information.

Fons Maathuis commented Nov 10 '20, 10:34 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

We're using RTC v 6.0.6.1 and ID/z v 14.2.3.2. 
You can schedule a build to run on specific day and time. I often use this to do large builds in the nightly hours, so the idle time on z/OS is used instead of the peformance during daytime. But when I want to check which builds are on a schedule, I have to open the build-definition and check the tab 'Schedule'. When you have 10 build-definitions that is a lot of work. I'm looking for an easier way to check which builds are on an active schedule. So more or less a query on the tab 'Schedule'. 

hope this is enough info? 

regards
Fons

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 10 '20, 10:46 a.m.
Hi Fons,

with the information given, I can give you an answer.

To my knowledge there is no view that would provide this kind of overview. I believe it would be possible to write automation that collects this information using the RTC API. The API is complex so it could be quite some endeavor to do this, especially if you are not used to the RTC Java API.
Fons Maathuis selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 10 '20, 11:02 a.m.

If you want to tackle the API, let me know, I could give some hints.

Fons Maathuis commented Nov 10 '20, 11:02 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your answer. At the moment we don't have the time to write these automations. We may want to do this in an future release. 

regards

Fons 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.