It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query bulk update not possible for attribute of type "enumeration list"?

Vicky Pagnaer (63129) | asked Nov 04 '20, 11:35 a.m.

Hi,

We use RTC 6.0.6.1 and have recently added an attribute of type "Enumeration List". We now want to bulk update our work items to put values in this attribute (based on specific criteria we enter in the work item query).

However, on web, when I click bulk update and open the attribute list (via "Add attribute change") - my new attribute isn't shown in the list of attributes.

In the Eclipse plugin, the same is true when I right-click the attribute column (for other attributes, you get a right-click-menu-option saying "Change [attribute name]"), not for this new attribute.

Is it just not possible to update this in bulk? Or have I missed a configuration somewhere?

Thanks!
Vicky

Comments
Vicky Pagnaer commented Nov 05 '20, 7:23 a.m.

I have tested this somewhat further and apparently it is also not possible to add the enumeration list as a query result column, nor to use it as a query condition.

Is that also due to a missed configuration or not supported? Because not being able to query or export on this attribute type makes it practically useless in my opinion (what good is entering data if you can't do anything with it?)...

Thanks for any feedback you can give on this!

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.