It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Get test plans on a RQM multi-component project with RPE

David BOURDON (19111) | asked Sep 15 '20, 6:27 a.m.
Hi,
With RPE, when i want to get the list og test plans of a QM project, i use the following URL :
${public}/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/${projectAreaUUID}/testplan?abbreviate=false

But with a multi-component project it seems that it doesn't work. Is there a mean to configure the URL to get the test plans of a QM component ?

Thx!
David

2 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Sep 15 '20, 7:40 a.m.

Did you set Configuration-Context (along with URI) for the data source? You can either enter the configuration URL manually or use the OSLC configuration picker.

Comments
David BOURDON commented Sep 15 '20, 8:40 a.m.

Yes the configuration is configured. Maybe the problem is that it is a global configuration which assembles several qm local configurations of several components ?

permanent link
Glyn Costello (13637) | answered Sep 28 '20, 11:41 a.m.

I am also having this issue... did you find a solution? Specifying the global config is fine, but the global configuration has two streams from two different components in the same RQM project area, but the REST API call finds the test artifacts only for the first component. 

Comments
David BOURDON commented Sep 28 '20, 12:10 p.m.

No, i don't have an acceptable solution. In order to get the correct data we need the local configuration corresponding to the current qm component, but i don't know how to get it from the global configuration.

Glyn Costello commented Oct 06 '20, 5:56 a.m.

I raised a defect for this with IBM and the response was that the tool is behaving per the design... but I firmly believe the design is wrong or missing the point. The way it's currently designed suggests that to get RPE to produce reports on multi-component projects in RQM, you would need to have different project areas for each component.. which IMO completely negates the point of the Global Configuration feature. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.