It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we import work items using csv in ccm creating links from web browser? If yes, how should it be done?

Akshay Daga (134) | asked Aug 18 '20, 1:47 a.m.

I was trying to import work items using csv from web browser, it is not creating parent links which is specified in the csv file. On the other hand if I use the same csv and import it from eclipse, the links are created.

One answer

permanent link
Luis Peregrina (18114) | answered Aug 28 '20, 4:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello Akshay, in order for parent links to work, the items have to have the "Id" column, and the links column must use the id from there.

Comments
Akshay Daga commented Aug 30 '20, 11:59 p.m.
Hi Luis, thank for the response, I followed the same steps, I am able to resolve links from eclipse client but links are not being created from web client. The question was does web client support this functionality?

Luis Peregrina commented Sep 18 '20, 4:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, there is an option that hints that this is possible, on the option to "Update" work items, the second child option says "Replace existing links with new imported values" which means that linked IDs will retain their relationship.

If this is not working, then this would be a defect that needs investigation by Support. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.