It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

POX Profile not working when RPE template is running from QM

Dan Ani (1312) | asked Jul 09 '20, 2:21 a.m.

Hello everyone,

Has anyone managed to use with success the POX profile when running RPE reports from QM or CCM? 
I have an RPE template that is publishing an execution result (QM) and is using POX to get related defects from CCM.

All good if I'm running the RPE template from the Launcher component, but when the template is deployed in QM I'm getting back a 302 error (listed below)

Aborting engine execution...

Is POX profile supported in RRDG? Can I use it when RPE template is deployed in QM or CCM?

Also, is strange because I can use the POX profile with success in DNG to follow defects in CCM but not from QM

Any help will be appreciated.

One answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k22949) | answered Jul 09 '20, 1:29 p.m.

Dan,

I do not think a POX is your problem. RRDG does not support reports that are using different data sources within mutiple applications. RRDG wont allow You to generate report from multiple Jazz application without using Document Builder or some workarounds.

Comments
Dan Ani commented Jul 13 '20, 3:52 a.m.

Hei Bartosz,

Thanks for your answer.

We've managed to use RRDG to generate a report that contains data from multiple applications but with some workaround as you've pointed out. Here is the link for the workaround in case anyone else has the same problem: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=263005

The thing is that you have to build the reportable URIs for all your resources in order to have the report working. If you try to use the POX profile, the document generation will fail if the report is started from QM or CCM
Even weirder is that if the report is deployed in DNG, the POX profile is working fine, you'll not have to change the URIs to reportable format for QM and CCM resources.

As far as I'm aware there is no official statement on IBM website that the POX profile is not supported by RRDG or that cross apps reports cannot be build using RRDG

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.