It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to create nested attributes in DNG?

Ravi Gollapudi (37117) | asked Jun 27 '20, 4:57 p.m.
Hi Jazz community,

I am using DNG 6.0.6. In my old project, there are 20+ artifact types in a module and each artifact type has 3 to 5 attributes, and most of these attributes are list types. Some of the artifacts from this module have to be used in another module along with some requirements.

This way of organization is overblown and I am looking for any possibility to simplify the number of artifact types by replacing them with related/nested attributes.

Can someone confirm, if possible, how to use the attributes in levels?
Any other recommendations are also appreciated. Thanks !

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12648) | answered Jun 28 '20, 1:04 p.m.

Ravi,

In 6.0.6, 6.0.6.1, 7.0 you are not able to created related/nested attributes.

Ravi Gollapudi selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (56227) | answered Jun 29 '20, 3:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 29 '20, 3:16 a.m.
Hello Ravi,

Not sure if this helps, but you can change the artifact type of your requirements and in this way bring down the number of artifact types.
Of course you do not want the attribute information to get lost in the process, so before changing the artifact type from, lets say, typeA to typeB, you would first need to go into the project/component properties, and check of there are attributes that are listed below artifact typeA but not below typeB. And then add these attributes to typeB as well.
So now all attributes that are assigned to typeA are now also assigned to typeB.
Now you could safely change the artifacts of your requirements from typeA to typeB, without loss of attribute values.

For completeness sake:
You write there are artifacts that reside in different modules. These will always have the same attribute values in all modules, because the attributes are owned by the base(core) artifact. Not to the module-based artifact.

Comments
Ravi Gollapudi commented Jun 30 '20, 9:07 a.m.
Hi Diana,

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried the steps, but I think my need is to simplify the attributes of an existing artifact May be I have to convert some artifact types to attributes.

-Ravi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.