It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

There is some limit to creating new custom or custom attributes in RTC 6.0.5?

Amaury Saldaña (111) | asked Jun 24 '20, 12:35 p.m.
edited Jun 25 '20, 7:52 a.m.
Are there any limits to creating new custom or custom attributes in RTC 6.0.5?
I am currently creating a new tab with new attributes, while developing everything fine, but when testing it in the work item the new attributes added to the template are not shown.

Can you guide me what may be happening so that the new attributes created by me are not displayed or displayed.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 25 '20, 1:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This is an English speaking Forum. You might want to modify your question and translate it to English.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 25 '20, 10:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 25 '20, 10:14 a.m.
Yes, there is a limit for how many custom attributes you can create. I don't have the absolute number, if there is one, but I think it is in the area of 100 or 200. I think that is reasonable.

For custom attributes to show up
  1. An attribute presentation must be configured in the editor presentation(s).
  2. The Eclipse client shows a special "Custom Attributes" tab for the unconfigured attributes.
  3. The Web UI might not show values, if the work item does not have the attributesand it does not show a special tab similar to Eclipse.
  4. The admin UI allows to check if the custom attributes are used on every work item and allows to update them.

Comments
Amaury Saldaña commented Jun 25 '20, 2:46 p.m.
This limit is per work item, where can I find the documentation on this?

Is there anything that can be done to correct it? 

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.