It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Renaming a copied commandline Test Script leads to damaged backlinks to the Original TestScript

Bharath Rao (915136) | asked Jun 19 '20, 11:06 a.m.
edited Jun 29 '20, 2:47 a.m.

When we create a copy of the Test Script, the backlinks to the original Test Script in the copied test script is damaged.

We see the below error when the link is clicked:
Unable to retrieve the specified artifact

Test Script itemId: null id:-1.

What is the reason ?

Comments
Fabian Lomeli commented Jun 26 '20, 3:25 p.m. | edited Jun 26 '20, 3:25 p.m.
Hello Bharath, I just tried a quick test on my 6.0.6.1 env and could not reproduce the same.  Can you provide the exact steps you did to reproduce the problem?

How did you create the original testscript? how did you do create the copied one? was a duplicate operation, what options did you use? and where did you click on the link to get the error?

Bharath Rao commented Jun 29 '20, 2:58 a.m.
Hi Fabian,

Here are the steps I followed in 6.0.6.1 iFix010:
a. Create a command line Test Script
b. Click on the test script to open it
c. Use the Duplicate button on the Test Script to create a duplicate.
d. Once the duplicate test script is seen, rename the Duplicated Test Script and save it.
At this point you will notice that the link to the original script will already be invalid.
Here is the screenshot:

PS: I had missed to specify the issue is specific to Command Line Scripts.

2 answers

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915136) | answered Jun 19 '20, 11:11 a.m.

RQM 6.0.5 iFix009

The issue is also seen in 6.0.6.1. However, in (RQM)ETM 7.0, the issue is fixed.

As a workaround, you can refresh the webpage after creating a Test Script copy. We then see the correct link.

Hence, this appears to be an issue with UI and there is no issue with the data in RQM.

permanent link
Fabian Lomeli (1013) | answered Jul 06 '20, 5:20 p.m.
I have not identified an existent defect yet that states this is already fixed in 7.0+.  You can file a defect and document the workaround you have found.

But I think it is better to contact IBM Support and provide the qm.log and .har file from you browser for further analysis.  It seems to be a valid defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.