It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can RTC be used in offline mode?

Advait Supnekar (111) | asked Nov 12 '09, 8:28 a.m.
If my internet connection is not working, is it possible to use RTC Windows (Eclipse based) client in offline mode? If so, where can I find the settings (if any)?

Thanks,
Advait Supnekar

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 12 '09, 9:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Advait,

You can use RTC SCM in offline mode.

After loading a repository workspace you have access to the local files and can work on them. If disconnected the changes will be recorded on your local machine. Once online again you can check them in and deliver them finally.

There are no settings you need to change.

Ralph

If my internet connection is not working, is it possible to use RTC Windows (Eclipse based) client in offline mode? If so, where can I find the settings (if any)?

Thanks,
Advait Supnekar

permanent link
Danny Beerens (801827) | answered Aug 20 '12, 10:03 a.m.
 Hi Ralph,

When working RTC SCM in offline mode, can you still compare changes with the version before modification?

Regards,
       Danny

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 20 '12, 11:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Danny,

no, without a connection to the repository you can't. You also can't create change sets etc. All that requires a connection. You can modify the files and after reconnecting you can get the pending changes.

permanent link
Lars Ohlén (2566) | answered Aug 20 '12, 12:04 p.m.
Hi,
In Eclipse there is a local history (stored in your local Eclipse workspace) that contains the versions of a file that you have created. So you can actually even in offline mode do some comparison / diffs, but not against the actual base line in the repo.

/Lars

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.