It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why aren't requirements flagged as suspect links show up if they are a Parent Of another requirement?

Mary Miller (87232) | asked Apr 02 '20, 10:43 a.m.
Good day,

I have a question.  I know DOORS NG 6.0.6 flags requirements if say a requirement changes where the requirement is a Child Of another requirement.  However, DOORS NG does NOT flag requirements if say a requirement changes where the requirement is a Parent Of another requirement. 

There is also no option to watch a Parent Of link when setting up the Suspicion Profiles. 

I believe (and I could be wrong because it has been awhile), that classic DOORS would mark a requirement as suspect if it was changed regardless of if the requirement was at the source or the target end of the link.

Is there a way to set up Suspect Links so that if a requirement changes, where the requirement is a Parent Of another requirement, the requirement downstream will also get flagged as suspect?

It seems odd not to have that functionality.

V/R,

Mary

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.