It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Affected By link does not work in GC context

Miroslav Zaninovic (36727) | asked Mar 11 '20, 10:27 a.m.
Hi,

we tried to crate an Affected by link between work item to DNG artifact in GC context. GC context is properly defined, same as RTC Release.
Implemented By link and Track by link types are aware of GC context and can be created in specific context. Affected by not, link is visible in any GC context, and if user creates the link from DNG can not link artifact in specific GC context.

Is it a bug in 6.0.6.1 iFix006 or it works as designed and behavior of affected By has to be different then Implemented by and Trac by links?

Thank You

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Mar 11 '20, 5:05 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It works fine in my test system for 6.0.6.1, but I am not on iFix006.

The main difference between Affected-by and the other two link types is that by default, Affected-by is controlled by the Found-In field, while the other two link types are controlled by the Planned-For field.   Just to confirm that this is not the cause, one test you could do is to change the Attribute for Affected-by from Found-In to Planned-For in the Configuration Management - OSLC Link/Attribute Mapping section of the project area editor, and try the linking again.   If that changes the behavior, then double check that the Found-In field of the work item is set to the right release.   If it is, or if that doesn't change the behavior, and if nobody else on the forum has an idea, then I'd work with IBM support to see what is going on.

Miroslav Zaninovic selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Miroslav Zaninovic commented Mar 12 '20, 5:38 a.m.
Thank you.
It was the case.
Default mapping was set to Found In for affected requirements. After changing to Planned for works as expected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.