It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add default Constraint Type Attribute in RTC

priyanka jogdand (154) | asked Feb 23 '20, 7:04 a.m.

Hi,

I have added the "Constraint Type" default attribute of type enumeration (default enumeration is set to constraintEnum) on workitem for planning purpose also added same in editor presentation. When I open the workitem on web client then "Constraint Type" is visible with only "Unassigned" value.
I searched for the "constraintEnum" under enumeration but not able to find out.
It expected that below values should come.
  • As soon as possible (default)
  • Start no earlier than
  • Finish no later than
Please help me to get above value.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 24 '20, 5:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you opened an existing work item, it is possible that something like this happens.
You have to synchronize the attributes to make sure old items of the type have the attributes. the Eclipse client has the capabilities to do that for you.

Make sure, after adding the attribute, to close the browser and to create a new work item. Check if the new attribute works.
priyanka jogdand selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
priyanka jogdand commented Feb 25 '20, 3:36 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your response.
I have synchronized the attribute using "Check attributes usages in repository" in eclipse client to specific type of Workitem also done for specific workitem ID.
I have searched for "constraintEnum" ID in process configuration source of project area to find out the literal ID's but no literals are present.
I have added enum manually having the same ID as "constraintEnum"  and name as "Constraint". 
Checked  the behavior in Planning after setting constraint date to see the accumulated time. It working as per expectations.   

Ralph Schoon commented Feb 25 '20, 3:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The enumeration and all related mechanics is only available in the Formal planning template as far as I can tell. So what you are trying is not going to work in a different process template.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.