It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Integrate IBM Rational Team Concert and Power bi tool

Vijay Panari (1115) | asked Feb 07 '20, 4:12 p.m.

Please help me to Integrate IBM Rational Team Concert and Power bi tool.

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Feb 08 '20, 9:02 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have heard of organizations doing this; I haven't done it myself.

One way would be to make data from specific Jazz Reporting Service Report Builder reports available to PowerBI. When you export a JRS report to Excel, you can get a link to "live" data.  I believe you can use this link in PowerBI as well.

Add to an existing spreadsheet

1. Copy this URL:
    https://<your jrs server>/rs/query/<your report number>/dataservice?report=<your report number>
  2. In the workbook, click Data > From Web.
  3. Paste the URL into the Address field.
  4. Log in with your Jazz Platform credentials.
Get the Live data option on your toolbar
If you are using Excel in office 365 or latter, you can easily add this live data option to the toolbar:
  1. Click File > Options and select Customize the Ribbon.
  2. In the Choose commands from: section, select Main tabs.
  3. Expand Data > Get External Data > From web.
  4. In the Customize the Ribbon: list on the right side, select Main tabs > Data.
  5. Click the New Group button to create a custom group. Rename it to Live data.
  6. Click Add>> and then click Ok.
    Now you can see the Data > From web (Live data) option on the toolbar.

permanent link
Tom James (11) | answered Jun 19, 4:10 a.m.

This doesn't seem to work for me. Has anyone been able to get a working solution for viewing reports / query data in Excel & Power BI? Thanks

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 19, 7:16 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi, If you want anyone to look at your question, create a new question. You can reference to the existing one using a link.

Your comment cited below, is insufficient. If a step in the answer above does not work, mention this. 

Also note, I doubt we have a lot of PowerBI experts here. We have different reporting solutions. There are some integrations with Excel, which is a different matter. I think they were mentioned, because you could get links to access data using the links.

"This doesn't seem to work for me."

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.