It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cross-project report problems

Gemma Bowers (1121) | asked Nov 10 '09, 7:16 a.m.
Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom cross-project report, but I'm having problems listing all available project areas - only the current project is listed.

I have tried comparing my report with the "Defect Backlog By Project Area" report, but, again, when I go to run this only the current project is listed in the "Project Area" listbox and no others from my repository.

Is there something extra I need to do in order to make other projects visible in the "Project Area" list?

2 answers

permanent link
James Moody (3.3k24) | answered Nov 10 '09, 10:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On 11/10/2009 7:23 AM, gemmabowers wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to create a custom cross-project report, but I'm having
problems listing all available project areas - only the current
project is listed.

I have tried comparing my report with the "Defect Backlog By
Project Area" report, but, again, when I go to run this only the
current project is listed in the "Project Area" listbox and
no others from my repository.

Is there something extra I need to do in order to make other projects
visible in the "Project Area" list?

Hi,

Is it possible this has something to do with read permissions? I.e. do
you have permission to access all of the project areas?

james
RTC Reports Team Lead

permanent link
Gemma Bowers (1121) | answered Nov 11 '09, 4:26 a.m.
Thanks for your reply. My reports are now working, but I'm not entirely sure why!

After reading your post I checked my user repository permissions and set it to "JazzUsers" only, then ran the report and it worked. I then set my permissions back to what I had originally, and the reports still worked, so I'm not sure if this fixed the problem or not. The only other thing I can think of that might of helped is that I ran an update of all snapshot data whilst working on a different report.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.