It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

v2.0.0.1 - what happened to web.xml?

Bryan Miller - Integration Developer (4493531) | asked Nov 09 '09, 7:31 p.m.
Hi,

I just upgraded a server from v2.0 to v2.0.0.1 and went to the backup directory to restore my modified version of

\jazz\server\tomcat\webapps\jazz\WEB-INF\web.xml

but it appears that the webapps\jazz directory is gone. Where is the version of web.xml that I need to edit to add my security-role and auth-constraint definitions?

-Bryan

5 answers

permanent link
Bryan Miller - Integration Developer (4493531) | answered Nov 11 '09, 10:46 a.m.
Hi,

I just upgraded a server from v2.0 to v2.0.0.1 and went to the backup directory to restore my modified version of

but it appears that the webapps\jazz directory is gone. Where is the version of web.xml that I need to edit to add my security-role and auth-constraint definitions?

-Bryan

I suspect this may have something to do with IIM installing a new version of Tomcat but am unable to determine from the log files.

permanent link
Alan Murphy (531414) | answered Nov 13 '09, 8:16 a.m.
The jazz directory only comes into existance when you deploy the application for the first time - ie when you start the server
When you install you will see a jazz.war (or jar) can't remember file which gets expended to the jazz subdirectory
the web.xml file is inside that .war/.jar file

permanent link
Bryan Miller - Integration Developer (4493531) | answered Nov 13 '09, 11:27 a.m.
The jazz directory only comes into existance when you deploy the application for the first time - ie when you start the server
When you install you will see a jazz.war (or jar) can't remember file which gets expended to the jazz subdirectory

Hi Alan,

That was my recollection as well but the documentation says to make the changes before starting the server. It also says the format of the web.xml file has changed substantially so don't copy the old one but rather edit the new one. I think there are at least two contradictions in there somewhere...

I will restore my teamproperties and tomcat-users.xml files and give it a go.

-Bryan

permanent link
Bryan Miller - Integration Developer (4493531) | answered Nov 13 '09, 12:13 p.m.

Hi Alan,

That was my recollection as well but the documentation says to make the changes before starting the server. It also says the format of the web.xml file has changed substantially so don't copy the old one but rather edit the new one. I think there are at least two contradictions in there somewhere...

I will restore my teamproperties and tomcat-users.xml files and give it a go.

-Bryan

Tomcat starts but now I receive this message:

HTTP Status 404 - Servlet equinoxbridgeservlet is not available

permanent link
Bryan Miller - Integration Developer (4493531) | answered Nov 13 '09, 12:43 p.m.
Maybe this is documented somewhere but I didn't see it in the upgrade docs. Here is the scoop. You cannot have the path

\jazz\server\tomcat\webapps\jazz\WEB-INF

in existence at all. You must delete it. Ensure you have followed all the steps in the upgrade doc plus the ones they miss but that you know to do: run repotools, added the temp table to the database (if running DB2), copy over your tomcat-users.xml and then start the server.

It will run quite a while. Once it creates jazz\WEB-INF then shut down the server, edit the web.xml file to add your group to LDAP mappings. Start the sever. All should be well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.