It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE - QM - Generating list of all the test plans

Bartosz Chrabski (3.4k12649) | asked Nov 12 '19, 2:40 p.m.
edited Mar 08, 6:13 a.m.

Hi,

I have interesting case for building RPE - QM report. Case is quite simple because I want to display list of all the test plans in the project (including title and id).

Of course I am using feed to do this and proper data source:

server/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/projectName/testplan

Here comes a question:

Can I somehow get server url for QM and projectName dynamic way when report is generated. I am looking for in-memory variables or any other way from where I can get URL and projectName I can use to dynamically get data from data source.

I want to avoid hardcoding this in DSX files.

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 13 '19, 4:05 a.m.

If you are using the RPE report (as resource) in RQM and generating the report through RQM, you can use pre-defined variables while configuring metadata for the data source:
$public: Public URL of the server

$projectAreaUUID: RQM project area

You cannot use these values if configuring the report from standalone RPE. Only option is to have external variables in RPE template and reference them to build the data source URL.

Comments
Bartosz Chrabski commented Nov 13 '19, 5:35 a.m.
Hi Subramanya.

We are on the same page here.

I am fully aware of $public and $projectAreaUUID, the problem is I can only use them in metadata.

I am more wondering if there are any external variables typical for RQM that I can import to RPE report to use them.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Nov 13 '19, 12:00 p.m.

To get anything in RPE, you need to make a data request and to make a data request, you should have the server name at least. You can however get the projectAreas subsequently.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.