It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

REST API command not returning most recent version of image embedded in DNG

brian regan (111) | asked Nov 11 '19, 1:27 p.m.

I have a DOORS NG module that contains an artifact with an embedded image. The image has been updated via the 'upload new version'.

The REST URL that I use with RPE only sources the original version of the image (not the most recent).

Is there some REST API command that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Javier Davalos (9115) | answered Jun 19 '20, 4:02 p.m.
Hi @Brian, this could be a bug, depending on the DNG/RPE version you're running.
If you try to open the same artifact URL in the UI, do you get the new version? or the original?

Comments
brian regan commented Jun 22 '20, 8:49 a.m.

Hi Javier - the correct version (latest) appears correct when viewing through the DNG web GUI.

It seems to me that the error occurs when the REST API URL is used to assemble the data for RPE.

permanent link
Javier Davalos (9115) | answered Jul 01 '20, 2:09 a.m.
Hi Brian, when the REST API is called, there's an intermediate file (*.dsx) which contains the API output with the data, which then is sent to RPE for rendering the report/formatted data.
If you look into the dsx file, it is a XML based representation, there you can search for the embedded image URI and attempt to open it on DNG. If the version you're seeing is still the old one, I'd suggest you to contact the Support team through a case for support on DNG.
For additional details on how to get to the rrc_reports directory where the .dsx files are, this other forum answer could point you where it might be in your environment: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/252364/how-to-customize-an-existing-dng-reporting-template

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.