It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Excel RQM Importer Add-in in Windows 10

Köll Cherizard (132) | asked Nov 05 '19, 10:56 a.m.

Hi,

My first time here.  Please be patient with me, as my question may be poorly designed.  I am helping one of our users that just received anew Windows 10 computer.  The Excel RQM Importer Add-in is installed successfully in C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RQMExcelImporter but we are stuck here, we cannot figure out how to get it to show up in the Add-Ins Tab within Excel.

The user's Windows 7 computer has the Add-in and it is working flawlessly.  An attempt to find whether the Add-in is compatible with Windows 10 turned up nothing concrete.

Can you point us to information you have available here? A fix, if any...  or any other suggestions you may have?

Thank you for your help,

Köll

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915241) | answered Nov 05 '19, 10:04 p.m.
edited Nov 05 '19, 10:27 p.m.

Hi,

Welcome to the Jazz forum!

Please check if the Microsoft Excel version is 32-bit or 64-bit variant.

If its 64-bit, you should uninstall the 32-bit variant currently installed, and try installing the x64 bit variant of RQMExcelImporter. In particular, please try the below file:
RQMExcelImporterSetupX64ForDotNET45.msi

That should resolve the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

---
Please like / comment / mark the question as answered if it helped!

Regards,
Bharath

Köll Cherizard selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Köll Cherizard commented Nov 06 '19, 10:10 a.m.

Hi Bharath,

Firs off, thank you so much for your quick reply to my cry for help.  I've actually/accidentally accepted the answer, got very excited to see your reply.  How do I download RQMExcelImporterSetupX64ForDotNET45.msi?  I currently cannot find it in Google.

Thanks again,

Köll

Bharath Rao commented Nov 06 '19, 9:42 p.m.

Hi,

Here is the link that contains the file download option:

Make sure to choose the version same as the RQM Server.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Bharath

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.