It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM and Test Case and Test Execution Progress Bars - calculation query

Karen Steele (1.2k2139148) | asked Oct 23 '19, 10:21 a.m.
edited Nov 22 '19, 12:17 a.m. by Muralidhar Rajagopal (10114)
Current version is 5.0.2 ifix 24

So I've been around this tool for a long time and I'm still flumoxed as to how the progress bars are calculating out the numbers. So can somebody shed some light on what the issue might be ?

So I have a plan with 203 test cases and corresponding test case execution records.  All have a weight of 1.

The progress bar is showing 20 --> 203 - which should mean I have executed 20 of the 203 should it not ? yet if I drill down on the progress bar, I have 175 not run which means I must have executed 28 records - so why does my progress bar only say 20 ?

To add to this, we have 9 Test Case Suites in the same plan, each also have Test Suite execution records. - the suites weights are calculated out by the number of test cases within.  So my total weight over all 9 suites (based on test cases included in the suites) is 205.

We have completed 7 points based on test case weight in the suites - shouldn't that be leaving a progress bar that show 7 --> 205 when in fact it showing 7 - 150

Thanks in advance for any input

Comments
Bharath Rao commented Oct 24 '19, 11:56 p.m. | edited Oct 24 '19, 11:57 p.m.

Hello Karen,

Do all the Test Case Execution Records have reference to the correct Test Plan ?

Karen Steele commented Oct 25 '19, 9:12 a.m.

Yes the execution records were all generated directly in the test plan after the suites and test cases were added.

Karen Steele commented Oct 25 '19, 11:50 a.m.

By way of example, this suite has 48 total weight points, there are 2 points deferred, 9 failed and 21 passed points.  The view shows very different numbers other than the weight which matches.    Data Warehouse lag ?

Error on Counts

Don Yang commented Oct 28 '19, 9:16 p.m.
If the above table is from scorecard widget, data collection jobs could affect the result, please make sure it was run successfully.

Two questions here:
1) if you hover on test case execution progress bar, what details do you see there? please take a screenshot
2) how do you come up with "175 not run"? from a scorecard report? if yes, please provide the whole report screenshot in which test execution counts, test result points etc would be showing.
Thanks
Thanks

Karen Steele commented Oct 30 '19, 8:34 a.m. | edited Oct 30 '19, 8:35 a.m.

Don't seem to be able to add an attachment (is there a document perhaps that explains how the counts are rolled up - I haven't been able to find one)

Total Test Cases = 901

Counts blow taken from clicking on the bar above and using the results details to group by Last Result (total count before grouping was 901)

Passed Points = 169 - correct

Deferred = 4 - correct

Perm Failed = 8 - correct

Failed = 9 - correct

In Progress = 2 – not listed

Inconclusive = 11  - incorrect above shows 2

Not Run = 705

Points attempted 188 – does not match up with numbers above – shouldn’t this be the count of all of the above except perhaps in progress ?  which is not 188 – progress should be in my mind 901 – not run = 196 as progress

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.