It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Extracting Requirement data from DWA using RPE does not return anything within a particular project

Paul Hannah (155) | asked Oct 23 '19, 4:42 a.m.

I am generating a test report using RPE to extract data from RQM and linked requirements from DWA. This works fine for the majority of projects, but for one particular DOORS project is does not return any requirement data.

I have tried requirements from multiple modules within the project without success. Requirements from any other project within the DOORS database work fine.
I have full (RMCDA) access to both the modules and the objects within the project that doesn't work.
Any suggestions?
https://[server]:[port]/dwa/rm/urn:rational::1-55bb46603d9c55be-0-10009-000bf60 Works
https://[server]:[port]/dwa/rm/urn:rational::1-55bb46603d9c55be-0-00032-000bee0 Doesn't Work
RPE 6.0.5, DWA 9.6.1.11 RQM 6.0.6

Accepted answer

permanent link
Mallikarjuna Ande (3518) | answered Oct 31 '19, 10:56 a.m.

When requirement has linked test cases, the RDF schema generated by RPE is different than to the requirements without test case links, you would need to update the main.xsd of DWASchemaSamle to below and save the main.xsd, re-configure the data source and run th temlate, i used the same, it worked for me

<xs:element name="RDF">
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="Statement">
<xs:element name="subject">
<xs:element ref="oslc_rm:Requirement"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>
<xs:element ref="oslc_rm:Requirement"/>

Paul Hannah selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Paul Hannah commented Oct 31 '19, 11:25 a.m.

Worked brilliantly, thank you.

Is there a way of discovering the schema in order to build the schema files? 

Mallikarjuna Ande commented Oct 31 '19, 11:30 a.m.

yes you can discover the schema from ..\AppData\Local\Temp\RPE\temp folder,  .tmp files are created in that folder while running the template. 

Make sure you copy them prior the tool flush them after the template execution

One other answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 23 '19, 5:58 a.m.

Looks like the structure/schema of data returned by DWA URL https://[server]:[port]/dwa/rm/urn:rational::1-55bb46603d9c55be-0-00032-000bee0 is different and hence RDF/Requirement/primaryText does not print the primary text. Only if the data matches the schema added in the RPE template, the output will be correct.

Comments
Paul Hannah commented Oct 23 '19, 6:58 a.m.

Thanks for the response, but I am not sure that this is the issue. Both objects are based on standard DOORS objects and I am not attempting to access any custom attributes. In addition RPE fails for any object within the problem DOORS project.

When examining the RPE log, for the problem project the log identifies "Total Number of input elements processed: 0"
I have even creates a test RPE template that I can directly enter the URI from DWA and the template attempts to print the identifier using RDF/Requirement/identifier/value
Again, this works for any object not in the problem project, but not for any object in the problem project.

Paul Hannah commented Oct 23 '19, 11:02 a.m.

The only difference in the design of the modules is that one module contains the attribute "Import Log" while the other contains the attribute "Update Log". Both attribute are "Text".

The DWA schema used was that from the RPEActual web site, which was not modified to add details of any custom attributes.
Thanks Paul.

Paul Hannah commented Oct 23 '19, 11:55 a.m.

I have taken a copy of the DOORS module into another project. The problem remains for most of the objects, but some objects can now be output. Those that are still a problem appear to be those linked to RQM tests. If I delete the test link, the requirement can be output. But this defeats the object as I am trying to report on requirements linked to tests.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.