It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add users to project area with OSLC

Brad Morse (235) | asked Oct 01 '19, 11:32 a.m.

How do I use OSLC to add users to multiple Project Areas. This would be helpful since if have many Project Areas this is very time consuming. Another post was answered but used cURL which is not the same as using OSLC.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 02 '19, 2:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The question is missing a product.

As far as I can tell, OSLC is focusing on the domains such as change management, requirements management etc. I am not aware that OSLC works on a common administration API.

Therefore i think there is no OSLC capability for the administrative tasks you ask for. The REST interfaces are the closest to OSLC and my experience so far is that it is usually possible to use OSLC based clients like Lyo for this kind of tasks as well. You might have to play around with the headers. 

Brad Morse selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Brad Morse commented Oct 02 '19, 2:12 p.m.

Hi Ralph, Since I'm a newbie I won't feel bad asking this - what do you mean this question is missing a project? How do I correct that? 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 07 '19, 9:12 a.m. | edited Oct 07 '19, 9:19 a.m.

Brad, you did not mention any product. There are often differences for different products. So select a product when creating the question so it gets tagged. A version number is also usually mandatory. 

Brad Morse commented Nov 05 '22, 8:29 p.m.

I'm back to wanting to do this, but still am not sure how.

I need to add users to rm for version 7.0.2.

Can you point me to a specific article that shows how to do this, or provide some code here on how to do this?
Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 07 '22, 2:41 a.m.

The question is still not tagged with a product name. Some additional thoughts, though.

1. OSLC does not know the concept of a project, as far as I can tell. So, as far as i am aware, OSLC can not be used to add members to project areas.
2. The available APIs are listed here: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding. If you look through it, the Jazz Foundation REST APIs might be what would work for you. The other API that would help would be the Plain Java Client Libraries that are part of the EWM Jazz SDK. com.ibm.team.process.common.IProcessArea.addMember(IContributorHandle) can be used to add a member.

3 other answers

permanent link
Brad Morse (235) | answered Oct 02 '19, 8:17 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. I'll look into REST or Lyo. Another post gives a method to use cURL.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 02 '19, 8:33 a.m.

OSLC is REST based. Lyo or other frameworks are just ways to generate the requests and process the responses. cURL is just another option. Python would work as well. 

Lyo, I have provided some hints and experience here: https://jazz.net/library/article/92596
Some other information that might be useful for experimentation is here: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2019/05/13/using-a-rest-client-to-authenticate-to-elm-clm-applications/ 

permanent link
André Teste (1115) | answered Oct 02 '19, 10:33 a.m.
edited Oct 02 '19, 10:35 a.m.

Brad, i tried using rest to add users, but ibm keeps sending wrong urls inside project object. Add members wont work, at least, in my case i get 404 error when i make a request to members url. (I cant add a comment, just a answer)

Comments
Brad Morse commented Oct 02 '19, 2:09 p.m.

Hi Andre, I would be interested in how you tried using REST. Do you have an online reference for using REST with RTC? What specific methods did you use? 

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered Nov 07 '22, 4:14 a.m.
edited Nov 07 '22, 10:34 a.m.

I'd expect this to be possible using the process REST API

by posting to the Members collection, assuming your user has the rights to do this - this is foundation code so should apply to all the apps which have projects. Never tried it so can't comment on the details.

This is not an OSLC API, it's a public API proprietary to IBM Enterprise Lifecycle Management

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.